The Burly-Brawl Ep1 The Burly-Brawl Ep1

One of the most awesome thing's I've seen here

Extremely well done opening sequence, however, it was a little too long.
The special effects and rendering were perfect, except for the little sliver on the right where the "widescreen" black layer seemed just a few pixels too small.

Was the entire video an opening sequence? The opening credits randomly appearing throughout the movie seemed to suggest that it was.

As for the plot, I have no idea what was going on. What did any of it have to do with the text at the beginning? There were no characters, no motives, just pointless violence following the tritest possible "robots rising against man" themed plot description. The plot looks like it written by a 7th grader.

The audio got annoying at a few points too. The attempted stereo is the same as what you hear in movies, which can be really annoying. If you were standing on a building with a helicopter to your left, you wouldn't hear the sound ONLY in your left ear. I had to take my headphones off here because stuff like that drives me nuts.
I would have to say poor song choice in the middle too, all I heard was distortion. I shouldn't have to have 1 million megawatt speakers to hear a single song in a flash movie, especially when the other music barely distorts (if it even does).

The New Guy The New Guy

Wow

That was so cartoonish and insane, yet realistic at the same time.
Awesome work, I loved it-5/5

littleFoot littleFoot

amazing as always

...but the menubar was excessively annoying in the corner of my eye. You should make it so it only appears if you move the mouse toward that corner.
Other than that, awesome!

Point&Click&Destroy Point&Click&Destroy

hehe

that was so cute

Stand Up Stand Off Stand Up Stand Off

not that funny

Just calling someone fat isn't a very good comeback.

As for the game, it was fun at first, but too quickly became impossible.
It looks like the timer runs independently of the framerate, so if the game starts lagging, it becomes unfairly hard.

Also, it takes way too long to get to try again. I don't want to have to see the same 20 seconds of animation 20 times in a row.

Bar 2.9 Extended Bar 2.9 Extended

At least you had an idea

Interesting concept, I'll give you that.

You said that the bar movement depends on arrow and mouse movement, but it looks completely random. It would probably make more sense and be more fun if the bar responded to gravity and you had to try to control it the same way.

Don't advertise firefox if you're not getting paid or even recognized for it.

The flashing colors on the intro screen were annoying as hell. The scrambled and cluttered letters in the help screen didn't help me understand the game at all.

JeremiahBarrar responds:

I get paid for the ads

Skycoaster Skycoaster

awesome

Nicely mixed and professionally mastered. A definitive beginning and end would be helpful, I thought there was a skip in the track when it looped back.

Commercialized Allure (better) Commercialized Allure (better)

...um...abstract

The beginning is a little dry and the audio quality is a little too low. In the middle, there's way too much treble and not nearly enough bass-you need a little diversity there. The fadeout effect at the end took way too long.

attemptedperfection responds:

These things were all deliberate;
sorry you didn't quite like them,
but I'm still just playing around with the program,
getting my bearings and such.
Also, I am an experimental artist at heart,
so I go for the different and the strange,
usually regardless of what people like.
Thanks for the review, though.
I appreciate it.

remix the country remix the country

hmm

Banjo and the breakbeat sound interesting together, but you repeat that banjo loop way too many times. I can tell that you're using premade samples because they don't loop right; that's why I gave you a low originality score.